20070415

Another Victory

Yesterday saw me reach two new highs. In terms of miles, I ran 5.57 this time around. I think that the reason behind that was because I set out to break the calorie barrier of 800. Rather than focus on how far I ran, I wanted to see how much I could burn in the hour. As it turns out, I ended up going from previous high of 798 to new high of 828 calories. That's insane for me to think about. That is almost 500 more calories burned in an hour than when I started running about 7 1/2 weeks ago.

I knew I was in good shape around 15 minutes into the run. Typically, I feel a little heavier on my feet at the beginning. I felt like I was running 10 pounds lighter than normal. For some reason I felt like I was gliding a little more in my run. I set out with a goal of around 67 calories every five minutes. I noticed at around that fifteen minute mark that I was hitting around 70 per five minute increment. Overall I was around 12-20 calories ahead of my goal(s). I think I will use that as my gauge for today's run. I will know exactly where I stand versus my best run. With about two minutes left into yesterday's run, I had already exceeded the 800 calorie goal. That' when I pushed hard to beat the 5.55 miles. I barely beat it.

I had no idea that I would have done that well. For dinner the night before I ate a huge salad at one of my favorite restaurants. I also had a bowl of chili and some bread. Not the best thing to do, I know. For lunch yesterday I had two sandwiches made on Asiago cheese bagels. They were capacole and hot pepper cheese. Delicious! I looked at my Angel (my wife) and said, "I am definitely gonna have to run hard today." For dinner last night, we shared a General Tso's combo and some dumplings. I'm anxious to get back on the treadmill today. My legs feel way better than I expected them to. I'll be back again soon with the update.

No comments: