20070404

Glad to Have the Day Off

I think I say it to my wife every Tuesday night or Wednesday morning when I am getting ready for work. "Wow, I am really glad I'm not running tonight!" It was a tough last few days on my legs. Most notably, my knees. I think I was running harder on them than normal. I feel like sometimes I was push too hard down on my legs rather than gliding. I did hit another high of 5.16 miles and 722 calories burned last night. I was thinking that I had hit my plateau of around 5.10 or so. Hopefully with the day off and 48 hours between running, I can hit around 5.20 miles. My goal is still 5.25 for the end of April.

Been eating pretty decent. The other day, the chili I had seemed like it held me back from running great. I ended up .02 short of my previous high, however, I feel like I could have added .05 or more if I had eaten well. Yesterday I had a Snackable for lunch with yogurt, pretzels and one of those 100 calorie snack packs from Ritz. I felt lighter just from not eating like I did the day before. Dinner last night was salad, green beans, and a delicious cheeseburger cooked on the grill by my wife. It's always nice to get home and smell something cooking on a grill in the neighborhood and find out that it is yours! After my sit-ups later on, I had dessert of strawberries, whipped cream and a small angel food cake. Lunch today was a can of soup and some pretzels. Snacks were string cheese, Jello pudding, and another Ritz 100 calorie pack.

I'm really looking forward to relaxing after work and enjoying the night off from running.

No comments: